Saturday 19 April 2014

A cuppa and scone at Kilkenny




Ok it was a cold, cold spring day and I simply couldn't resist a peek into the cafe at first storey of Kilkenny along my way o Grafton street because I was cold and hungry. Plus I'd always heard that they serve pretty good stuffs here.

So anyway... I had one of the most amazing scone with this wonderful homemade raspberry jam and butter... I love how they bake the scones here... So crisp on the outside yet so fluffy on the inside... Plus it's also fill ed with raisins  And the frothy thick hot chocolate topped with marshmallows... 

 By my table was the sweetest sight ever, a grandmother and her grandson chatting and catching up over coffee and goodies. Now that is so lovely, don't you think, that a guy would spend some time with his grandmother? :)

By the way this place serve hot meals too but they are non - halal so I just went for baked goods. Didn't dare to try the cakes though. I think I spent around 4 euros but there's balso the meal deal of scone and coffee at 3 euros plus. Lovely elderly couples seem to frequent this place more than peeps of my age but who cares. Have a good tea! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment